The popular American magazine Forbes has released its 2021 African cash kings and yet again no Ghanaian made the list. As usual, it is dominated by the usual ‘cats’ like Nigerian Aliko Dangote, Nassef Sawiris, and others.
Below are the top 5 richest men in Africa
1. Aliko Dangote: The Nigerian billionaire business magnate is the wealthiest person in Africa, with an estimated net worth of $ 12.1 billion. His main source of income comes from cement and sugar sales. Dangote’s wealth rose by $ 2 billion in 2020 after a 30% increase in the share price of his cement
2. Nassef Sawiris: In 2021, he was considered to be the richest Arab as well as the second richest African. The Egyptian rakes in billions from construction and investments.
3. Nicky Oppenheimer: With a net worth of $8.1 billion, Oppenheimer is the richest South African and third in the continent. He previously served as the chairman of De Beers diamond mining company and its Diamond Trading Company subsidiary. In 2012, however, he sold his family’s 40% stake to mining giant AngloAmerican for $5 billion.
4. Johann Rupert: The 71-year-old South African is among the richest men in Africa and his estimated worth is $7.2 billion. His source of income is mainly luxury goods.
5. Mike Adenuga: The Nigerian billionaire owns Globacom, the West African country’s second-largest telecom operator, which has a presence in Ghana and Benin. His fortunes also originate from the multi-billion oil sector. His net worth is estimated at $6.2