How To Verify Your Ghana Card Details Using Your Smartphone
This article will show you how to verify your Ghana Card details, this will be done using your smartphone. In fact, you can know if your card is genuine or not.
The Ghana Card is a new secure and multi-purpose card that will establish the biometric identity of the bona fide holder for verification and authentication of electronic and physical transactions to be conducted in the public and private services space.
This mass registration exercise of the Ghana Card was expected to last for one year. The registration started this year but due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, the exercise was put on hold. The exercise was later resumed and the two-week registration has ended.
If you have registered for the Ghana Card, you should know the information that has been saved on the card could come with an error, an error that will most likely be carried on to other services you use the Ghana Card for.
That is why it’s very important to know how to verify your Ghana Card details. This article will show you how to verify your Ghana Card details, this will be done using your smartphone. In fact, you can know if your card is genuine or not.
How To Verify Your Ghana Card Details
This process requires that your phone has a feature called Near Field Communication (NFC) most smartphones have this feature except for a few of them so you should check if there’s an NFC feature on your smartphone.
After you’ve checked that your smartphone has the Near Field Communication (NFC) feature, follow the steps below to read your Ghana card and verify if the details captured on them are genuine or fake.
- Go to App Store (for IOS) Apple phone owners. Or the Google Play Store for Android phone users.
- Download the ReadID NFC Application for Android or iOS
- Enable NFC function after you download
- Click on “Get Started”
- The next screen will ask “what kind of document do you want to use” here select ID CARD or PASSPORT
- Use your phone camera to read the Passport MRZ at the back of your card (its the characters at the bottom of the back of your card) and keep it in focus until it fills the window. It turns green when the Card Access Number (CAN) has been extracted.
- Place your Ghanacard on the NFC zone of your phone and move slowly till it starts to read.
- All the e-passport details on your Ghana Card will show on your phone.
- You have successfully verified the details of your Ghana Card.
So that’s all, this is how to verify your Ghana Card details using your smartphone. If you notice any errors, you should visit the NIA office to get them corrected ASAP.