There are some signs you cannot miss if you’re pregnant.
They are as certain as rain, taxes, and death. However, you can be carrying a bundle without getting the slightest hint because the known symptoms of pregnancy will not show.
During pregnancy, the human body can undergo many physical, emotional, and psychological changes, so much so that it can be hard to keep track of them. These 5 unexpected signs of pregnancy you might not know.
Download the BuzzSlate News App for full coverage of trending stories.
1. Watery Mouth: Excess saliva, also known as ptyalism gravidarum, is paired with nausea and vomiting. It’s unknown why this happens, but some pregnant women need paper cups or tissues to control excess saliva.
2. Short of Breath: During the early stages of pregnancy, changes in hormone levels may cause shortness of breath. To improve your breathing during pregnancy, practice good posture and mindful breathing techniques.
3. Sore Gums: Changes in diet and hormone levels can cause sore, bleeding gums during pregnancy known as pregnancy gingivitis. This gum disease will disappear, but to ease the soreness, practice good oral hygiene with gentle brushing.
4. Bad Taste of Food: Early on during pregnancies, food can taste sour and metallic, a phenomenon is called dysgeusia. Consuming acidic foods or rinsing your teeth with salt or baking soda after brushing can alleviate this horrible metallic, sour taste.
5. Strong Sense of Smell: Pregnant women can have a heightened sense of smell, or hyperosmia, especially toward perfumes, coffee, gasoline, or spoiled foods. Fortunately, hyperosmia is only temporary and ends after the first trimester.